The fundamental foundation for any business
Are you ready to turn your dream of having your own business or expanding/growing your existing business into a reality? If so, stick with me...
This is my 10 step plan to creating a credible and achievable business plan that will instill confidence in you and your investors.
If you have an existing business, or idea for a new business, but just don’t know how to take that idea forward and turn it into a reality and attract investors to kick-start your business or future growth then I can help.
No bank or funding organisation will take your idea seriously if you cannot demonstrate that you’ve thought through all the detail and have a credible and robust plan for the future that will make you self-sufficient and able to repay the funding.
By harnessing my 30 years business experience and academic background I will assist you with the development of a high quality 10 step business plan that will include/cover:
- Executive summary
- Business description and vision
- Definition of the market, including a PESTEL analysis (Political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal).
- Description of your products/services, including a SWOT analysis (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).
- Organisation and management (including personnel capabilities).
- Marketing and sales.
- Financial management.
- Proposals for monitoring and reviewing performance (balanced scorecard).
- Achieving continual improvement based on the findings of the monitoring and review process.
I have written business plans for major organisations, such as The Post Office, and smaller independent businesses in the UK (please see the “credentials” page for further details).
For me to be able to prepare your business plan I will need you to provide me with:
- An overview of your business proposal (including services/products you plan to launch/sell/promote, proposed location of your business, your target audience, etc.)
- Any facts you know from personal experience or research that will support and strengthen your business proposal.
- Knowledge you have of the local business environment (including target audience, competitors, success stories and failures, including reasons why they have failed where you could succeed).
- Reasons why you think your business will stand out from others and succeed. Take into consideration what your unique selling points are (e.g. unique product, quality of service, price, speed of delivery, etc.).
- How much finance you need to raise (if any) and any sources of funding you have already identified.
- CV’s for all the people who will be involved in the business and the roles they will assume.
- Existing research papers you have about your business and the relevant environment and any existing business plan you have.
Once I have this information I can start my work and complete in-depth research, as outlined above in my 10 step approach to business planning, so I can deliver a comprehensive, credible, and achievable business plan that will instill you and your investors with confidence. It will demonstrate you have thought your business proposal through thoroughly, know what you’re doing, where you’re going, how you’re going to get there, and how you’re going to deliver what you planned to do and promised (to your investors).